SCH review process/
|Help us work alongside your schedule by initiating the SCH review process when your survey development begins.|
1. Complete and submit the Basic Survey Information form. Once you have submitted the Basic Survey information form, a new web page should appear, confirming receipt of your submission. You should also receive an email notification, advising you if your survey requires SCH approval to proceed.
2. From the automated result:
(i) If your survey does not require SCH approval, please save your submission for future reference and contact us if the survey undergoes any significant changes in the future. You do not need to continue through the steps below.
(ii) If we need more information to determine whether your survey requires SCH approval, save your submission and we will contact you to discuss your survey before you need to continue through the steps below.
(iii) If your survey does require SCH approval, you will be prompted to complete the Detailed Survey Information form.
3. Complete and submit the Detailed Survey Information form, attach any survey materials and supporting information upon submitting the form.
4. An SCH review officer will contact you and take you through steps 5 to 9.
5. The SCH will review the proposed survey to ensure that it is not placing unnecessary burden on business respondents and that the collection instrument and survey methodology are fit-for-purpose. We aim to review the survey information you have submitted alongside your survey development. As we aim to work with you and within your schedule, please allow us a reasonable amount of time for this iterative process.
6. In the course of this iterative review process, we may:
(i) request more detail on particular aspects of your survey
(ii) request other survey materials (eg. invitation letters being sent to respondents) that require review and approval
(iii) request other supporting materials (eg. testing report, background information about the survey topic) to help us better understand your survey
(iv) discuss recommended and required changes to particular aspects of your survey (eg. sample size, questionnaire design, data quality issues etc.)
7. The SCH approval number will be provided once all aspects of the survey (including survey design and respondent materials) are near final. The approval number needs to be displayed on all survey materials. We can provide you with the approval number earlier in the process to help finalise the documents (eg. for paper forms to be printed etc), conditional on the outcome of the SCH review.
8. Formal SCH approval will be provided once the final versions of all survey materials have been provided to the SCH, including any changes that the SCH have deemed necessary.
9. When you receive formal SCH approval, you may despatch the survey materials and begin data collection.
Exemption from a Full SCH review
Surveys that (i) are approaching 50 to 199 businesses, and (ii) have a combined respondent completion time less than 200 hours, may be exempt from the full SCH review process.
If the survey qualifies for an exemption, the SCH only needs to review the basic survey information.
When you submit your survey for an SCH review, we will contact you to discuss the review process for your survey.